The Leadership Initiative for Students with Disabilities
The Washington Center Scholarship for Students with DisabilitiesFunded by the AT&T Foundation, these awards provide housing assistance in varying amounts to competitively selected students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Priority consideration is given to undergraduate students; however, Postgraduate Professional Development Program applicants may be considered.
Kessler Foundation ScholarshipsA limited number of full scholarships will also be competitively awarded to students who attend New Jersey institutions and self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For this award, students may be asked for a brief personal statement. Students interested in the Kessler Scholarship who attend a New Jersey institution are encouraged to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. For 2014, this award is restricted to the summer.
Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation Scholarships
Partial scholarships will be competitively awarded to students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation has also provided funding to provide targeted workforce development services for students with disabilities. Learn more about this partnership.
Requirements for Awards
- Complete and submit a TWC application by the regular deadline.
- Self-identify as a person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). ADA defines a person with a disability as:
- a person with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, or
- a person that has a record of such impairment, or
- a person that is regarded as having such impairment
- Provide a letter from your campus disability services office, a vocational rehabilitation office or a physician treating you for your disability confirming the fact that you have a disability.
- These awards are available only to U.S. citizens.