Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
The Washington Center Scholarship for Students with DisabilitiesFunded by the AT&T Foundation, these awards provide housing assistance in varying amounts to competitively selected students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Priority consideration is given to undergraduate students; however, Postgraduate Professional Development Program applicants may be considered.
Kessler Foundation ScholarshipsA limited number of full scholarships will also be competitively awarded to students who attend New Jersey institutions and self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For this award, students may be asked for a brief personal statement. Students interested in the Kessler Scholarship who attend a New Jersey institution are encouraged to email us at email@example.com for more information. For 2014, this award is restricted to the summer.
Requirements for both awards
- Complete and submit a TWC application by the regular deadline.
- Self-identify as a person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). ADA defines a person with a disability as:
- a person with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, or
- a person that has a record of such impairment, or
- a person that is regarded as having such impairment
- Provide a letter from your campus disability services office, a vocational rehabilitation office or a physician treating you for your disability confirming the fact that you have a disability.
- These awards are available only to U.S. citizens.