While in Washington, D.C., you will create a portfolio of your work, documenting your activities and accomplishments for your home institution and prospective employers. Your portfolio will also give you a chance to reflect on your strengths and plan strategically for your future path of leadership.
Goals of the portfolio
- To show growth and improvement personally, professionally, academically, and civically.
- Sharpen leadership abilities.
- Reflect on personally significant work or experiences.
- Present a work in an organized format.
Components of the portfolio
- Individual Development Plan
- Résumé/Cover Letter
- Civic Engagement Report
- Informational Interview Reflection
- Special assignments related to your professional track
- Capstone Reflection
- Work samples (from internship and academic course)