Internship Matching Process
The Matching Process
The Washington Center matches you with an internship. Throughout this process, our internship advisors offer assistance and feedback.
One of TWC's internship advisors schedules an advising session with you to:
- Define goals and expectations based on your interests, knowledge and skills.
- Review your resume and offer tips for improvement.
- Discuss next steps in the internship matching process.
- Explore potential internship site opportunities.
Throughout the following weeks/months:
- TWC submits your documents to targeted internship sites.
- An internship site will reach out to you and conduct a phone interview (repeat, if necessary).
- An internship offer is made, and you confirm your internship site.
Your internship advisor will provide the following to enhance your professional skills:
- Mock phone interviews
- Online workshops
- Decision-making guidance
- Professional development resources
Check out our infographic to get a better understanding of the matching process.