Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
We are looking for a Webmaster and Marketing Automation Manager to support the TWC website and its assets, along with being the primary developer for our marketing automation software (HubSpot). The Webmaster and Marketing Automation Manager will oversee planning, coordination, performance analysis, QC, vendor management, technology implementation and testing for our website and digital marketing campaigns.
- Direct the architecture, content management and user experience of the TWC website and digital properties.
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates.
- Ensure website and all its sections are always up to date. Maintain and execute a calendar of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates.
- Work closely with and manage website agency to set priorities for site improvement
- Ensure domain registration and hosting are current
- Responsible for developing any necessary materials, manuals, guidelines or processes to facilitate the ongoing use of the CMS software. Conducting any necessary training to TWC staff on the CMS software and website processes.
- Work with colleagues across TWC, and key external stakeholders, to assess website effectiveness and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Build landing pages, email workflows, CTAs, forms and other marketing campaign assets in TWC’s marketing automation system.
- Understand the six stages of the customer decision journey and how the website and digital properties fit in different stages of the journey.
- Assist on web-based communications strategies and online campaigns.
Monitor and Reporting
- Monitor, assess, and report on website and digital properties performance weekly/monthly. Present reports with relevant insights (add the story to the numbers) and recommended actions steps. Create reports based on audience (executive vs marketing team).
- Monitor and benchmark trends and developments in technology that are applicable to our website and digital properties.
- Manage relationship with external vendors, developers and software services. Act as the main point of contact, manage the budget and ensure timely completion of projects with vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on new developments and emerging technologies in the online environment.
Search Engine Optimization
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Based on website traffic and keyword search, collaborate with the Manager, Content Marketing and Senior Director of Marketing to develop content ideas.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a web management or project management role
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated technical experience.
- Communications/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on background in web development processes and Drupal 6, 7, and/or 8
- Hands-on background in inbound marketing and marketing automation technology (HubSpot preferred)
- Proficiency in web analytics software (Google Analytics) and reporting
- Solid knowledge of SEO, search technology, and tagging methodologies
- HTML and CSS proficiency
- JQuery knowledge a plus
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
May be representative but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment, including a photocopier, scanner and telephone system
- Personal computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made for individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Travel is required, which may include making necessary travel arrangments, navigating airports and/or train stations, and driving rented vehicles.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.