The Systems Trainer and Administrator will manage all applications critical to the success and growth of our mission. This includes our student information system (SIS), CRM (Campus Management) and its integration with the learning management system (Schoology) systems, all web-form systems (i.e. Forms Builder, Form Assembly) and other operating systems like StarRez in support of the effective backend operation of the Washington Center. He/she will maintain the integrity of the TWC’s data, provide support and training to end-users on systems and platforms and troubleshoot issues that arise.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with strong technology acumen. This person is a problem-solver, who enjoys generating creative solutions to organization-wide pain points and seeing their positive contributions come to life. They are comfortable engaging with others and translating complex technical issues to non-technical audiences and vice versa. This is an opportunity to gain significant experience while making a positive impact for an organization that is ripe for workflow improvements.
- Manage the configuration and operation of TWC’s CRM andSIS)
- Upgrade systems and processes as required to enhance functionality and security
- Build and maintain online web forms and third-party integrations
- Provide oversight of our education platforms - LMS (Schoology) and the ePortfolio (Portfolium) in collaboration with key Programs staff
- Responsible for the ongoing training of staff to leverage our systems to their full potential
- Keep up with systems updates, update business processes and train staff.
- Collaborate on the Design and Management of an internal systems training program in collaboration with key staff members
- Serve as the primary technical liaison across departments as well as with external platform support teams
- Serve as the trainer to new staff members on technology applications associated with their roles
- Troubleshoot technical issues and respond to general support questions
- Responsible for the creation and update of back-end as well as end-user documentation
- Responsible for keeping track of business processes ongoing improvement changes based on user experience or system updates
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in systems training, project implementation, or system administration
- Proven knowledge and ability on student related technologies such as Student Information Systems or Learning Management Systems
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with T-SQL programming
- Prior experience with Campus Management tools (CampusVue, etc)
- Prior experience working in higher education and nonprofit environments
- Experience using CRMs i.e. Salesforce, LMS i.e. Schoology, StarRez.
Required to perform the job successfully
- Customer Satisfaction
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic Operational Thinking
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and Curiosity in Customer Experience Mapping
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Committed to customer service and embraces a metrics-driven environment
- Ability to solve unexpected issues to maintain operational efficiency
- Able to adapt easily to working with new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven effective listening skills and strong presentation skills
- Able to translate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.