The Senior Program Coordinator is responsible for the timely and efficient processing of J1 Visas for international students, as well as the timely and efficient processing of student applications, mailing of grades and materials to campuses, and general administrative duties. The individual also supports the department with its efforts to convert interested students into applicants, and from applicants to enrolled students.
Participant Application Processing (for FDII and NRL Programs)
- Maintain contact with Federal Diversity Internship Initiative (FDII) and Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) program participants regarding status of application and missing materials, and act as first point of contact for prospective students via multiple outlets (shared emails, phone, live chat, etc.) about program components, application process and other general information. Through various channels (emails, calls, etc.), assist with outreach to students who have started applications in order to convert their in progress applications to submitted applications.
- Process student internship applications through the Customer Relations Management and/or Student Information System, to ensure students are moved appropriately, efficiently and as quickly as possible through the enrollment pathway.
- Assist students experiencing problems with the system by trouble-shooting the issue and escalating to technical support when needed.
J1 Visa Processing
- Process, coordinate and issue all visa documents for incoming exchange visitors.
- Obtain J-1 visa compliant health insurance coverage for Exchange Visitors.
- Process SEVIS fee payments.
- Facilitate J-1 Visa Registration and validate Exchange Visitors’ participation in SEVIS.
- Coordinate with host sites regarding completion of the Training Internship Placement Plan for all J-1 participants, and collect proof of Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Work closely with the Office of Internship Site Relations in regard to placement timelines, tracking placements, J-1 site issues and the Office of Private Sector Exchange site visits.
- Oversee the J-1 process for program participants, including pre-arrival materials, answering inquires, providing travel validation, processing extensions and early departures.
- Manage J-1 holder communications: pre-arrival through duration of the program.
- Prepare and lead J-1 Visa Orientations each semester as well as pre-arrival webinars.
- Manage Visainfo@twc.edu inbox.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 year’s work experience.
- Customer service experience required.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred.
- Experience with international students, higher education or student services preferred.
- Experience with State Department visa programs a plus.
Required to perform the job successfully
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills.
- Customer Satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and around deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to main confidentiality.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment, including a photocopier, scanner and telephone system.
- Personal computer, job-related software and printer.
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.