The STIPDG Program Advisor is a temporary contract position responsible for managing numerous federal internship programs while working directly with college and university students to provide an excellent internship experience in their particular field. Ideal start date for the position is May 1, 2019, and it will run through August 24th.
Manage and supervise a caseload of 40 to 50 students:
- Develop programing curriculum in consultation with federal relations team and assess students’ performance.
- Mentor students while they are in the program, outlining and monitoring learning goals, and overall progress throughout the semester.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback and critique on assignments throughout the semester, including but not limited to the assignments outlined in the syllabus.
- Provide individualized counseling on internship placements.
- Ensure all TWC constituents have a positive and beneficial experience.
- Plan developmental and professional events bi-weekly for students.
- Conduct orientation and manage syllabus for program.
- Ensure both agency and students are aware of TWC policies including financial assistance and code of conduct.
- Serve as a liaison between students and internship sites, conduct site visits (locally and regionally) and perform mid-term and final evaluations.
- Provide all clients with excellent customer service by answering questions and providing information in a timely manner.
- Develop strategic relationships with federal relations clients and other contacts to grow the internship programs.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 3 years’ work experience
- Experience working with college students required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience working with the Federal government is a plus
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Service Orientation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Ability to work with college students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Easily adaptable
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.