The incumbent works to manage and grow The Washington Center’s (TWC) relationships with colleges and universities in the United States by providing consultative advice to internal and external stakeholders, conducting relevant institutional and industry research, and identifying opportunities to strengthen existing partnerships. S/he is responsible for stewarding a portfolio of affiliated institutions, assisting with the development and implementation of various events, engaging in project-based work important to the growth of the Academic Internship Program (AIP) and Academic Seminars, and keeping abreast of trends in the field of higher education. S/he leverages technology, including TWC’s CRM and other tools, to track, measure and evaluate efforts. This position requires travel up to 25%, and periodic evening and weekend work and events.
- Manage a portfolio of up to 125 college and university partners, which includes stewardship of college relationships, communication with liaisons and other key campus stakeholders, orientation for new liaisons, and the development and implementation of processes to ensure successful operations.
- Travel to colleges and institutions, as necessary and appropriate.
- Work with liaisons to strategize, project, and increase student enrollment at schools within portfolio.
- Provide information on institutional arrangements and other details to recruitment staff traveling to campuses within portfolio.
Academic Seminars Enrollment
- Work with colleagues in College and University Relations, Academic Seminars, and Marketing & Communications to promote Inside Washington, National Security, the Campaign Series and any other seminars to colleges and universities.
- Drive Faculty Leader recruitment and student enrollment through outreach based on a cohort model.
- Assist in strategy development and implementation, feedback on marketing materials, and necessary tracking, measurement and reporting.
Events and Webinars
- Coordinate and attend events for schools within own portfolio that host events at TWC headquarters and the Residential and Academic Facility (RAF).
- Work with colleagues in the planning, execution and promotion of TWC annual events for schools and liaisions, including the Annual Scholarship Dinner, Liaison Advisory Board meeting, Liaison Institute, and others.
- Perform tabling duties and/or other responsibilities for conferences at which TWC is a sponsor.
- Assist with the development and hosting of virtual events, including webinars for college and university stakeholders.
- Serve as Team Lead for CRM projects, including system changes, team training, and communication with external consultants and TWC departments.
- Attend internal, cross-functional, and cross-departmental meetings necessary for the smooth operation of college and university processes.
- As needed, participate in projects for which colleagues serve as Team Lead, such as execution and promotion of TWC annual events and mass communication to schools.
Recruitment and Admissions
- Conduct recruitment visits to 3-5 institutions each Fall and each Spring semester.
- Participate in TWC’s Admissions process, reviewing some applications and providing input on admissions decisions.
Required Education and Experience
Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred.
- Participation in The Washington Center or similar internship program a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
That may not be reflected in the functions but are critical to the successful performance of the job are below. These may be representative but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with external partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of responsiveness to partner correspondences.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Team-oriented approach to work, balanced with ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work efficiently towards deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of higher education industry, including current climate and emerging trends, preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and Word, as well as ability to use online databases such as Salesforce.com.
- Ability to travel up to 25% and participate in periodic evening and weekend work and events.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment, including a photocopier, scanner and telephone system
- Personal computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made for individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Travel is required, which may include making necessary travel arrangments, navigating airports and/or train stations, and driving rented vehicles.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.