Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Washington Center seeks a Director of Development to build a comprehensive fundraising program that supports one of the most innovative professional development programs in the country.
The Washington Center (TWC) provides immersive internships and academic seminars to students from hundreds of colleges and universities and to young professionals from across the U.S. and more than 25 countries around the world. As the largest, most established program of its kind, TWC has 90 dedicated, full-time staff and more than 400 higher education partners and over 600 internship host partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Through these resources, TWC provides transformative educational experiences that change lives, giving participants a first-hand perspective on the working world, critical experience, and a professional network.
The Washington Center is seeking a Director of Development to develop and execute the expansion of a comprehensive fundraising program. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and University Relations, the Director of Development will have the opportunity to help build a development team of corporate and foundation giving, individual major gifts and alumni giving. The Director will take the lead in growing corporate/foundation giving and individual giving program.
The ideal Director of Development will have experience building and leading diverse and talented development teams to achieve world-class fundraising performance. The Director will be accomplished in corporate, foundations and individual giving, with expertise in building donor pipelines and comfort with outreach to all major donor constituencies. The Director will know how to inspire, support, and reward ambitious fundraising staff in all functions and at all levels, ensuring The Washington Center team can work seamlessly together to advance its goals.
The ideal Director of Development will have:
- Record of building, leading, and managing an ambitious development program that advanced an organization’s mission and financial goals.
- Thorough understanding of how to utilize a small donor program to generate revenue and build a major gifts pipeline.
- Record of personally securing 5- and 6-figure gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Experience working with program alumni or networks of volunteers/members.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and program staff to develop a compelling case for support for organizations and for new initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively with and gain the respect of multiple constituencies, including senior executives, diverse individual and institutional partners, a Board of Directors, alumni, and development team members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
For more information and to apply, please visit our online application.