The Data and Research Coordinator will be responsible for tracking the development department’s moves management system, producing donor research, and identifying strategic partnerships with foundations, corporations, and major stakeholders.
The person chosen to be the Data and Research Coordinator will be a seasoned professional with a strong knowledge of donor databases, including dashboards and reports. Candidates must possess strong writing skills and the ability to distill complex topics into digestible memos, PowerPoints, and other presentations. Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing fundraising data is preferred.
Data Entry and Management
- Manage the development department’s donor database to ensure fundraising data is consistently updated and accurate.
- Maintain the development departments moves management system, and follow up with staff to ensure timely stewardship and reporting to organization supporters.
- Develop reports and dashboards to track annual fundraising progress and activity.
Donor Prospecting and Research
- Conduct research on prospective donors to inform the development department’s outreach strategy and organizational alignment.
- Contribute to development team strategy discussions to help problem solve or drive new ideas.
Donor Communication & Outreach
- Draft initial outreach and correspondence on behalf of the development team, executive leadership, and Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in communication, marketing, non-profit management or similar field.
- 2+ years of development, fundraising or sales experience; specific to relationship building and/or committee stewardship
- Experience in SalesForce, Raiser’s Edge, or other database management software
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Research and/or data analysis experience preferred
- Interest and general knowledge of the employment/internship ecosystem for students, recent graduates, and traditionally underserved populations
Required to perform the job successfully
- Experience in Sales Force, Raiser’s Edge, or other database management software. Comfortable with prospect/donor research and moves management.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with an ability to draft professional correspondence for senior executives and the composure to act as the first point of contact for significant strategic partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates well with others and is able to take direction and follow guidelines as outlined by senior staff.
- An exceptional ability to multi-task, carry out numerous projects at the same time, and deal with frequent interruptions
- Strong attention to detail.
- Diplomacy and an ability to interface with high-level officials
- Easily adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals
- Independent judgment and initiative.
- A passion for The Washington Center’s mission of bringing employment and internship opportunities to students across the United States and the globe.
This position has no supervisory responsibility, except possible occasional supervision of interns.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.