Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Washington Center is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic Admissions Counselor to fill a critical recruitment role for the Marketing and Communications team. The incumbent will execute visits to a specific number of affiliated campuses, coordinating with liaisons and other key stakeholders to market TWC’s Academic Internship Program and recruit students to participate. S/he will also provide exceptional service and support to prospective students as they progress throughout the customer decision journey. The ideal start date for this position is early January 2019 with an end date of early May, 2019.
- Plan recruitment trips to 15-20 affiliated campuses during the fall semester, which includes making travel arrangements, mailing materials, communicating with contacts and liaisons, and working to ensure an ideal schedule on each campus. Design and execute a campus-specific marketing strategy to ensure that visits are optimized and goals are met.
- Execute campus visits to introduce TWC’s Academic Internship Program and seminars to prospective students, as well as faculty, staff, administrators and parents. Present in classes and/or information sessions, speak with students at career fairs or during individual meetings. Demonstrate success on campus as indicated by meeting specific interaction and lead generation goals, converting students through their decision journey, developing new contacts and expanding TWC’s reach into new departments, among other metrics.
- Accountable for nurturing student leads and in-progress applicants through the customer decision journey, especially via proactive outreach through in-progress calls, one-to-one emails, webinars, text messages, and handwritten notes. Align efforts with departmental messaging strategies (including: mass email, social media) and through collaboration with colleagues. Provide support for Live Chat, admissions phone line, and info box email address when in office, offering superior customer service to all interested students.
- Maintain detailed records of planning, visits to campus, and conversations with prospective students ensuring all relevant details are accurately logged in the CRM. Responsible for entering leads generated on campus in to CRM immediately after visit.
- Serve on TWC’s admissions committee, reviewing submitted applications according to the admissions timeline, making prompt and thorough admissions decisions. Support shared organizational endeavors like check-in, check-out, and some programming activities.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Alumnus/a of The Washington Center internship program strongly preferred
- Experience working with college students or in a higher education setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Which are not reflected in the competencies but are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for communicating with diverse audiences, building connections with people
- Ability and willingness to travel very frequently
- Ability to complete projects with a significant degree of independence and autonomy
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and around deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s license
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
May be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.