Under The Influence of Music

Under The Influence of Music

On August 1st the Under The Influence of Music tour made its stop in Bristow, Virginia. This concert featured recording artists such as Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rockey, B.o.B, and Trinidad Jame$, to name a few. I tried to organize a party bus for the other interns at The Washington Center, but with everyone being so busy that plan slowly failed. I decided that since I had my car, it would be easier for me to gather a small group of friends and drive to the concert. After a long day at our internships, everyone got changed and squeezed into my 2000 Nissan Altima.


Nissan Altima


The time was 4:45 p.m. and I just had driven to the Foggy Bottom Metro area to pick up the designated driver. This should have taken about 20 minutes on a busy day. With the concert starting at 6:00 p.m., we would have plenty of time to tailgate. After getting lost multiple times due to Apple's map app, we arrived at the driver's location at 6:00 p.m.


At that point we realized that we weren't going to be able tailgate at the concert the way we wanted to. We were finally on the highway and everything went smoothly getting there. We were greeted at the concert with free parking and informed that the seats we paid for were upgraded to a closer section. We went from lawn seats to the 300 level for free.


After a great concert, it was now 11 p.m. and we headed back to the car. I taped my keyless entry in order to locate the car but did not get a response. After finding the car, we soon realized that the headlights were left on and the battery had died. Thankfully, I always have jumper cables in my trunk. After moving his truck several times in the concert parking lot, we were finally able to connect the batteries and receive a jump from a guy parked next to us. It was now 11:45 p.m. and we were just pulling out of the concert parking lot. Everyone was now very hungry after jumping around for the whole concert. We noticed a Checkers drive-in and decided to take another stop. It was my first time eating there and the customer service was horrible. Orders were mixed up and it seemed like only one person working there knew how to speak to customers. I am happy to say that the food was great. After sitting down and eating our meals we were finally on the road again.


4 of the 5


After around two minutes of driving, we noticed there was a cop car trailing us. The lights soon turned on and we realized that we had a problem. The driver was not speeding, so we did not know why we were being pulled over. Once the officer came to the window we realized that the headlights were off. After a few questions and a check of the driver's license, were let go with a warning. Everyone sighed in relief and we continued on our way back to D.C.


It was now around 1:20 a.m. when we arrived in the city. After dropping the designated driver off at Foggy Bottom, we had to drive to Silver Spring, Maryland to drop off another one of my friends. After making that 25-minute drive there it was now time to drive back to the RAF at Noma. We arrived at my parking spot, which was located a few blocks away from the building, a little after 2:00 a.m. After waking my sleeping friend up from the backseat, we laughed as we walked home and talked about the crazy events from that night.

Experience a Day in the Life of an Intern at The Washington Center

Learn More