A Typical Day
: During an academic seminar in Washington
Though every seminar is different, a typical day may include:
- Lectures or panel discussions around a public policy issue with notable speakers and experts, possibly covered by C-SPAN.
- Briefings at an embassy followed by a Q&A with a diplomatic representative, possibly the ambassador or other high ranking official.
- Visits to a Washington think tank or lobbying organization or political campaign headquarters.
- Visits to a national media organization’s D.C. headquarters.
- Small group discussion and reflection sessions facilitated by your faculty leader.
- A reception at the National Press Club.
- A bus tour of Washington, D.C.