Civic Engagement Awards
2013 Call for Nominations
The Washington Center invites nominations for its 2013 Higher Education Civic Engagement Award. The award recognizes institutions achieving breadth and depth of civic engagement through sustained and mutually transformational partnerships that define and address issues of public concern at any level from the local to the global.
In reviewing nominations, The Washington Center and the selection committee will consider the extent to which institutions and partnerships demonstrate the following:
- Leadership and innovation in defining and addressing issues of public concern;
- Vision for change that is systemic and sustainable;
- Depth and breadth of institutional commitment.
The Washington Center has presented the Higher Education Civic Engagement Awards each year since 2009. Past awardees have reflected a broad diversity of institutional profiles. Recipients of the 2013 Awards will be featured at a panel at the American Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
The 2013 Higher Education Civic Engagement Awards are sponsored by the New York Life Foundation. Five winners will receive $20,000 in scholarship funding to help their students participate in The Washington Center’s Academic Internship Program in the nation's capital during the following year.
Friday, May 24, 2013
How to Nominate
If you are interested in nominating your college or university for the 2013 Higher Education Civic Engagement Awards, please complete our online nomination form. You will be asked to provide the following attachments:
- President/Chancellor Signature Form (scanned version)
- 1-page description of institution's overall civic engagement efforts (administrative structure, issues addressed, extent of student/faculty involvement, community partnerships, etc.)
- 1-page description of a specific program/partnership that you would like to highlight
President or Chancellor Signature Form
If you have any other questions about these awards, please contact Sara Biggs at Sara.Biggs@twc.edu or 202-238-7970.