How to Apply
: Ford Global Scholars Program
This program is available 8 students attending institutions in the following international locations:
- Chennai, India
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Sao Paulo and Salvador, Brazil
- Shanghai, China
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Anchorage, AK
- Phoenix, AZ
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Washington, DC.
- Miami, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Lexington, KY
- Louisville, KY
- Detroit, MI
- Billings, MT
- Portland, OR
- Puerto Rico
- Nashville, TN
- Dallas, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Seattle, WA
U.S. students accepted into this program will receive a $3,000 scholarship to help offset the cost of participation in TWC.
International students accepted through institutions outside of the U.S. will receive a scholarship that covers most of the fees associated with TWC's application, program and housing, plus a contribution toward health insurance coverage and SEVIS fee payment for the J-1 Visa.
How to Apply
U.S. students who are interested in the Ford Motor Company Global Scholars Program should complete our online application. Until final decisions are made with regard to the Ford Global Scholars Program, we will accept students into their second-choice program (International Affairs, Business and Global Trade, etc.).
International students who are interested in this program should complete the downloadable Ford application.
Application components include the following, all of which must be provided in English:
- Application form (online for U.S. students and hard copy for international)
- One-page resume
- 100-word Statement of Professional Interest (describing the kind of internship that the student is interested in pursuing)
- 500-word essay (on one of the eight UN Millennium Goals and how the student is planning to make a contribution in the field of the discussed topic in his or her home nation)
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be provided by a faculty member)
- Official transcript
- Approval of campus liaison or sponsor (U.S. only)
- TOEFL score of 80 or higher (equivalent to 550 on the paper-based scale) (international students only)
- A phone interview with TWC staff
The fall 2013 regular deadline is June 14th, and students should apply and indicate their interest in this program on or before that date. View key fall semester 2013 dates (including check-in, orientation, etc.).