Along with the standard application requirements for The Washington Center, students attending institutions outside of the U.S. will need to be aware of these additional requirements for their application:
- Copy of the first page of a valid passport (for J-1 Visa process)
- TOEFL results, or equivalent (waived in certain cases)
The information below outlines TWC’s general requirements. Since your school may have additional requirements, we encourage you to contact your liaison before beginning the application process. You may also reach us at email@example.com with any questions.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Attend an accredited college or university with at least four semesters completed before participating.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with lower GPA may be considered.
- Have a TOEFL score of minimum 550 (80 on the internet-based test) or other official equivalent exams, waived in certain cases.
- Have the approval of their campus liaison or a faculty sponsor.
Additional Requirements for the Global Competencies Program
To be eligible for the Global Competencies Program, students must:
- Qualified, pre-selected university seniors; recent graduates (within 18 months of earning a degree); or current graduate students