Along with the standard application requirements for The Washington Center, students attending institutions outside of the U.S. that do not have U.S. citizenship will need to be aware of these additional requirements for their application:
- Copy of the first page of a valid passport (for J-1 Visa process)
- TOEFL results, or equivalent (waived in certain cases)
The information below outlines TWC’s general requirements. Since your school may have additional requirements, we encourage you to contact your liaison before beginning the application process. You may also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Attend an accredited college or university with at least four semesters completed before participating.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with lower GPA may be considered.
- Have a TOEFL score of minimum 550 (80 on the internet-based test) or other official equivalent exams, waived in certain cases.
- Receive academic credit from their college or university for their participation in the internship program. Exceptions apply.
- Have the approval of their campus liaison or a faculty sponsor.
Additional Requirements for the Postgraduate Professional Development Program
To be eligible for the PPDP, students must:
- Have received their undergraduate degree within 18 months of the start of the program or be currently enrolled in a graduate school.