Explore the Nation’s Capital
At The Washington Center, you not only get a great work experience and a great learning experience, you also get a great life experience.
Washington, D.C. is a city with so much to offer—impressive architecture and monuments, incredible museums, world-class performances of theater, great nightlife, a rich international community, and hundreds of restaurants offering cuisines from all over the world—you’ll be able to experience it all from a true insider’s perspective.
Living in Washington, D.C. is like nothing else in the world. The city’s energy is remarkable, at both work and play. There’s so much to be accomplished, and so much to see and do. It’s all at your doorstep as a Washington Center intern.
Things to do in D.C.
- World-famous monuments
- The lighting of the national tree during the winter
- The Smithsonian museums, including the National Air and Space Museum, National Gallery of Art and American History Museum (all free!)
- The Newseum, Spy Museum, United States Holocaust Memorial and art galleries
- World-class performances of theater, music and dance year-round at the Kennedy Center, Arena Stage and numerous other venues
- Cherry blossoms in the spring
- Concerts on the National Mall during the summer