Internship Selection Process
The Placement Process
The Washington Center matches you with an internship. Throughout this process, our Internship Management Team will offer ongoing assistance and feedback.
A member of the Internship Management Team schedules an introductory phone call to:
- Define next steps of the placement process.
- Review documents you have submitted with your application.
- Discuss potential internship site options.
- Address goals and expectations based on your knowledge, skills and interests.
TWC will work on matching you with prospective internship sites. You are an active participant during this process.
- Prospective Internship Sites contact you to set up phone interviews.
- The Internship Management Team provides guidance to prepare you for your interviews.
- You have phone interviews with interested internship sites.
Internship Management Team suggests preparing for phone interviews by:
- Practicing interview skills.
- Investigating trends in your field of interest.
- Participating in TWC’s online workshops.
Final Internship Selection Process:
- Internship offer(s) are made.
- You select an internship.*
- Your program advisor contacts you and prepare you for your arrival.
*J1 visa process begins for students attending schools outside the United States.
The Internship Management Team will assist you through the decision-making process ensuring it’s a good fit.