Internship Selection Process
The Placement Process
The Washington Center matches you with an internship. Throughout this process, your internship coordinator will offer ongoing assistance and feedback.
Your internship coordinator will schedule an introductory phone call to:
- Define next steps of the placement process.
- Review documents you have submitted with your application.
- Discuss potential internship site options.
- Address goals and expectations based on your knowledge, skills and interests.
TWC will work on matching you with prospective internship sites. You are an active participant during this process.
- Prospective internship sites contact you to set up phone interviews.
- Your internship coordinator provides guidance to prepare you for your interviews.
- You have phone interviews with interested internship sites.
Your internship coordinator will suggest preparing for phone interviews by:
- Practicing interview skills.
- Investigating trends in your field of interest.
- Participating in TWC’s online workshops.
Final Internship Selection Process:
- Internship offer(s) are made.
- You select an internship.*
- Your academic program advisor contacts you and prepare you for your arrival.
*J1 visa process begins for students attending schools outside the United States.
Your internship coordinator will assist you through the decision-making process ensuring that your internship is a good fit.