The Leadership Initiative for Students with Disabilities
The Washington Center offers a range of scholarships for students with disabilities:
Funded by the AT&T Foundation, these awards provide program and housing assistance in varying amounts to competitively selected students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Kessler Foundation ScholarshipsFunded by the Kessler Foundation, these awards provide scholarships to fully offset program and housing fees to a limited number of students who attend New Jersey institutions and self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For this award, students may be asked for a brief personal statement, and preference is given to students with a hometown in New Jersey.
The HSC Foundation Grant
The Leadership Initiative for Students with Disabilities also is supported by a grant from The HSC Foundation, which provides Civic Engagement programming around disability issues, awareness and policy. The programming helps interns gain awareness of the social challenges facing communities and nations, and gives them the tools, skills and understanding to proactively address them.
Qualifying students will earn scholarships that help to offset the cost of participation. Most scholarships range from $500-$4,000. Please note that this aid can in some cases be combined with state funds. To be considered for a scholarship, students should:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Participate in The Washington Center's academic internship program (postgraduate students may also be eligible).
- Complete and submit a TWC application by the regular deadline.
- Indicate interest on the scholarships section of the application.
- Provide TWC with documentation from a physician or campus disability services office.
- Upon acceptance, return to the student portal to complete the disability services application if accommodations are required.
For more information about our scholarship offerings, contact us at email@example.com.